Want to be Happier?
So many of us want to feel more happy on a regular basis.
Yet, so many of us are daunted by the process. HOW do you become happier? What does that require? And is it possible to find joy even when our current circumstances aren’t ideal?
Happiness can seem elusive, challenging to secure, and even impossible. At times, you may doubt that you even deserve happiness. Or, you may feel stuck and discouraged because you’re not sure how to shift your negative thoughts.
Believe it or not, this disenchantment is normal at times, and an experience that so many of us are going through. But, you don’t have to stay stuck in this experience. Happiness is something that can be achieved, and we want you to reach for it.
So How Do You Find Happiness?
Although the path to happiness looks a little different for each of us, I believe that happiness is a result of internal alignment.
More specifically, that internal alignment results from listening to your inner desires, intuition, fears and hopes… giving them space to truly be heard and acknowledged… and then acting on those desires so that your life matches up with your internal alignment.
Once you are aligned, a more consistent state of happiness is possible by making small changes to your daily habits.
Additionally, with clarity on alignment, you start seeing through the fog of your fears, uncertainty, and negative self-talk. Overwhelming feelings become manageable feelings. When you begin to heal your pain and change your patterns, you will feel happier.
How Do You Get Aligned?
As mentioned above, internal alignment results from listening to yourself and getting clear on what you need and want.
To design a life you really love, you have to first get clarity on what kind of life that actually is! Similarly, in order to be led by your purpose, you have to first identify your purpose.
In order to get aligned, you really have to sit and be quiet with yourself. You have to give yourself the space to open up, dig deep, and be heard.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself for self-discovery:
- How do you feel about where you are at in life right now? How do you feel about your romantic life? Your friendships? Your spirituality? Your career? Your relationship with yourself?
- What is working in your life? What isn’t working in your life?
- What do you value in life? Friends, family, meaningful work, money?
- Where do you want to go with your life? What do you want to do?
- What is something you’ve wanted to do but haven’t?
Here are some practices and ideas to help you better understand your needs:
- Be more aware of your body: Take a little time each day to notice any tension or tightness in your body. What areas feel relaxed? Pay attention to your posture. Your body can tell you a lot about your mental and emotional state of being.
- Notice your thoughts and emotions: What are the stories you’re telling yourself? What goes through your mind when you feel fearful, anxious, or uncertain? Take a pause and write these thoughts down in a journal without judging them. See how often they come up in your life.
- Sit for 30 minutes–distraction free: Just be for 30 minutes, no phone, TV, or other people. It will feel strange at first, but your mind begins to calm down after a while. Creativity starts to kick in. You’ll gain insights during this undistracted time. Keep a notebook and pen nearby.
- Meditate: There are lots of ways to meditate…even walking meditations. Find one that resonates with you and practice it regularly. You’ll soon find you are able to disconnect from the thoughts and emotions causing you resistance and disconnection.
Once you understand your needs and have clarity in your vision of where you are now and where you want to go, you have laid the foundation to actually get there through happiness.
Are You Ready to Change Your Life?
If you’re ready to heal your past and lean more into your power through a guided, holistic approach that offers you the tools, practices and coaching to shape the future of your dreams, register for the next Shape Your Foundation session!
The Shape Your Foundation program is offered both virtually or in-person, and is a perfect fit if you’re ready to take the first step towards happiness through alignment. Over the course of the program, you’ll become re-acquainted with the essence of who you are… so you can make decisions that will lead you to a life full of purpose and meaning!
Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to join a community of like-minded individuals who are on their own journeys toward freedom, alignment, and meaning. Community truly makes all the difference.